Happy Birthday, Demetrius

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Birthday wishes

Leave a comment here to wish Demetrius a Happy Birthday, say thanks for something he's done for you, tell him how much you enjoy his offbeat sense of humor...

Basically, make with the nice words and admiration and stuff. :-)

If you have trouble posting comments, or would just prefer to e-mail your birthday greeting, you can send it to dean2004 at bmgbiz.net.

40 Comments:

At August 15, 2004 at 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Demetrius,

Have a wonderful birthday. I hope you have a healthy and happy year and that includes a new president!!!

Thanks for all that you have done for Howard Dean, the Deaniacs, and Democracy for America.

Teri Mills
your aspiring National Nurse

 
At August 15, 2004 at 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a happy, healthy, productive year from this birthday till your next. Thanks heaps for for all the terrific artwork and the chatter -- you have brightened our lives by making the Blog a lovely and lively place :)

Diane B. in FL

 
At August 15, 2004 at 3:20 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Demetrius, and thank you for everything you do for democracy.

Jessica

 
At August 15, 2004 at 3:21 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Demetrius, and thank you for everything you do for democracy.

Jessica

 
At August 15, 2004 at 3:22 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Demetrius, and thank you for everything you do for democracy.

Jessica

 
At August 15, 2004 at 3:39 PM, Blogger John in Cincinnati said...

Have a wonderful birthday Demetrius!

--John in Cincinnati

 
At August 15, 2004 at 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Demetrius, it's hard to tell you all the ways you are appreciated and loved ~~ for the art work, for the hard work, for the kindness, for the funnies and for just staying the course. For wit and fun, for charm and goodness. And the smarts to pick Renee and hang in there with her, grin.

Loves, Julie (aka puddle)

 
At August 15, 2004 at 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HB, Demetrius! It's always a pleasure to read your clever posts on the DFA blog. I have a Soylent Dean mousepad right here next to my computer and I own a Hot Howard camisole, too (I donated my new Hot Howard mug to Judy Dean). Renee and you are such important members of the DFA community--it's a pleasure to know you online! Have a great birthday!

Jenni aka Pyewacket

 
At August 15, 2004 at 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Demetrius, this campaign would not have been this campaign without you, your wonderful graphics, and...above all...your presence on the blog. Thanks so much for being here.

Happy birthday!

 
At August 15, 2004 at 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I forgot which blog I was on!

That was from me....

Free Spirit!

 
At August 16, 2004 at 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Demetrius!

Hope the day is a good one and the year is a great one, full of celebrations (especially in November).

-Mandy (in Columbus)

 
At August 16, 2004 at 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Having just celebrated mine (how many years...I share a birth year with Dien Bien Phu) I wish you all the best on yours. I still have hanging on my wall the banner we used for Howard's events in Loudoun County, VA which you guys created for us. With years come patience (hopefully) and the realization that what we began this past year is only a beginning, and the end is yet to be written. I look forward to writing it together with people like you.

rich kolker

 
At August 16, 2004 at 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Demetrius -
Of course we all appreciate the work you do. You have provided us with so much - it would be impossible to thank you in the way you deserve. But, aside from the work...we appreciate you!! You are such a part of us - these relationships are for life.

Happy Birthday to the Father of Flat Howard. I hope Renee won't mind if I send a big smooch your way!

Kim in IN
Kimberly Klatt

 
At August 16, 2004 at 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Demetrius:

Happy, happy birthday! and many more! And thank you so much for all your great work-you help make DFA a real community. Flat Howard was a hit in Tokyo (and will be again someday!).

otanjobi omedetto gozaimasu! (many congratulations on your birthday!)

Best,
Terri in Tokyo

 
At August 16, 2004 at 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Demetrius,

Thanks for all you continue to do for the cause, though I truly believe Flat Kerry was WAY beyond the call of duty! Your blog posts always bring a smile to my face.

Wishing you the happiest birthday imaginable,

Fran in Austin

 
At August 16, 2004 at 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Demetrius, Thanks for all your great designs, especially hot Howard, and the great logos for Deanfest and Democracyfest ... and of course Flat Howard! Hope you have a great birthday! Lois in MD

 
At August 16, 2004 at 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Demetrius,
I hope that you have a wonderful birthday and many many more. You and Renee have been great people to work for, thanks for always being so flexible! Have a WONDERFUL day!
~Alena

 
At August 16, 2004 at 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Big D-
May your ideas be ever flowing, you mind ever sharp, and you computer always filled with enough RAM to open the largest of PhotoShop files.

Happy B-Day from a fellow designer, now turned political junkie.

michael in chicago

 
At August 16, 2004 at 1:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely gotta love what you've done with all those pix of the "Guvner" (as the Brits would say)!!

But what do you give the man who has lots of Dean pix for his B-day?

What else? A new Picture of the Governor to play with!

In this case, it's an image of the Governor I shot myself at a NJ house party in May.

http://www.p-o-v-image.com/KerryDeanMay2004/images/04.jpg

Feel free to play with it as you see fit. The only proviso being that the original image bears my copyright: © Copyright, Keith Krebs, 2001-2004, All Rights Reserved.

For your birthday, I'm granting you a release to use it as you see fit though. If you want the full resolution original, simply drop me a note.

In any event, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! and KEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT!

Keith

 
At August 16, 2004 at 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Demetruis - Happy Birthday! This is Sally in SF. I couldn't figure out the sign in thingy so my name would show...

I will always remember what the Dean campaign gave us and much of that was having you and all the other bloggers to share our stories, 'stratergy', and all the love pouring from the blog. And I have many of your talents displayed all over my office and house - fond memories of times now past, but that will live with me for forever.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEMETRIUS!
Sally in SF

 
At August 16, 2004 at 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for brightening our lives and advancing the campaign... in all its forms!

Best wishes for a wonderful birthday,
pat_k

 
At August 16, 2004 at 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwww......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEMETRIUS!

*You* did the "herding cats" graphic?? I still have that one from the email it came with! You've created so much kewl stuff, and I love to chat with you on the blog too.

Feliz cumpleanos, si se podemos!

--Dean Nut in Sandy Eigo

 
At August 16, 2004 at 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haiku for Demetrius-

Hail Demetrius
Graphics wiz, flat Howard's Dad...
Witty blog hero.

Happy Birthday!

LA*Mom

 
At August 16, 2004 at 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to one of the "rocks" of this blog.
I am so thankful for what you give and for your ability to bring balance and humor when we need it.

Since we share a birthday, I must say that I might get the best present. Looks like my daughter in law may be in labor, so I might get a new grandbaby for my birthday. Lucky me.

Wishing all the blessing that you and Renee deserve.

Grandma Marcia

 
At August 17, 2004 at 2:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Demetrius!
Thank you for all the multi-dimensional contributions you have brought to the blog, the campaign, and our lives.
{{{Birthday Hugs}}} to ya,
Thankful2Thankful4Dean :-)

 
At August 17, 2004 at 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful birthday, Demetrius! Many happy returns.

Best wishes,
Corinne Marasco

 
At August 17, 2004 at 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday man!

You have never failed to amaze me with your wit, your intellect, and your skills as an artist. Have a good one.

Sincerely,

GoingNova_in_WA
Brian A. Price
Buckley, WA USA

 
At August 17, 2004 at 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Demetrius!

I hope you have a great birthday and that you have many many more!

Take care,

Kevin Powell
(AKA Kevin in NE Iowa)

 
At August 17, 2004 at 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Demetrius, another LEO! Some are born great, some rise to greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them! Thank you for the beautiful graphics you have created for Governor Dean and for us. Your talents, energy, efforts and charm are greatly appreciated.

JayDean

 
At August 17, 2004 at 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil here with a big thank you for all you've done.

The t-shirts were the hit of deanfest.

You are blessed with talent and you put it to good use.

mix ice cream and kids for a fun day

 
At August 17, 2004 at 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Demetrius. Thanks for all the things you do for us. I especially love your weird sense of humor. When the world seems all whacky and everything is just crazy, I know now everything is OK: it is just in "Demetrius" mode. LOL

Best to you always, LeslieK

 
At August 17, 2004 at 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great Birthday Demetrius.
We luv ya!
DeAnn and Pam

 
At August 17, 2004 at 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my favorite son-in-law! OK, you're also the only one, but I couldn't imagine having one who's:

A more loving and supportive husband and Dad,

A more committed do-it-yourselfer (even though we nixed your making the cake and Renee's dress for your wedding!),

A more talented artist and designer -- in your work; in your inventive projects around your home and community; even in the kids' Halloween costumes; and now in the incredible work you're doing to help this great community attain its goal of taking back America,

A more caring member of our family,

Or a more entertaining fellow to have around -- especially when you decide to set my very comservative spouse straight on issues political!

HAVE A GREAT DAY AND YEAR!

Love, Mom L.

 
At August 17, 2004 at 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Demetrius,

There are just a few hours left, but it's still your birthday, and it must have been quite an unforgettable one for that!... Why with some phone calls and websites and all...
It's so nice to have seen your picture now. In fact I briefly met Renee at DeanFest and so now I have both your faces to put to those frequent, powerful and classily funny postings on the blog.

So to more happy birthdays, and to Happy Birthdays for All!
Warm regards, Fransje (Netherlands, that one..)

 
At August 17, 2004 at 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Demetrius!

You have been my hero since inventing "Flat Howard", with whom I had a wonderful several months and for whom I will forever be indebted to you!

Yours is a rare and delightful combination of artistic and literary talent. What a blessing you are to the Dean campaign and now grassroots causes. Both Renee and you are such important members of the DFA blog community - it's an honor to know you online!

And if you don't want to be a "Crushie Proper", well then, you certainly have earned the right to be a Howard Dean fan of the highest caliber, "...big, heavy, masculine, metal box with a heavy duty padlock and protect(ion) from vandals with serious artillery..." to boot!

Many, many more HBs, Demetrius!

Janet ("Crushie") in San Jose, CA

 
At August 17, 2004 at 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I think Howard put it best about how valuable you are to the community and how much we all appreciate what you do and who you are. I'm proud to know you.

Oscar

 
At August 17, 2004 at 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Demetrius,

Words can't express how much you and Renee have done for the whole campaign. As I was looking at the graphics you designed, it suddenly hit me, how many of those I have incorporated (ok, stole) and used. From the Flat Howard in my back room to the Rosie the riveter and all the flyers I have printed and handed out. You guys are the best!

Love
Vicki upstate Ny

 
At August 17, 2004 at 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Demetrius!!

Where would Grassroots for America be without your truly AMAZING graphics skills?! We (*still*) =love= our logo. Thank you for sharing your gifts so generously with Howard and with us as members of the Dean community. You have given light and laughter to so many of us on this journey back to an America we all recognize once again.

Love,

Patty in VT

Patty McIntosh
Director, Field Operations & Volunteer Support Grassroots for America http://www.grassrootsforamerica.us
patty@grassrootsforamerica.US

 
At August 17, 2004 at 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Demetrius! Your wonderful work has helped me introduce Howard Dean to so many people - you are a celebrity here in Northern NY. I was so excited when I saw my fabric square on Anne's quilt- I told everyone that mine was just below Renee and Demetrius' swatch, Flat Howard's parents. They all loved Flat Howard, Flat Pat and now Flat Kerry :)
Julie in NY

 
At August 21, 2004 at 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Demetrius,
LeftCoastJane, I'm only anonymous because I'm lazy to register here, wherever HERE is. I clicked over from the Blog, where I've not spent as much time lately as I'd like. But it is lovely to see old familiar names, like you and Renee whenever I do pop in.

I am so jazzed that Howard actually called you on your birthday, what a very special present! I can imagine that you thought of all the things you WISH you had said, the minute you hung up the phone.

But as you say, it was a moment ...

Congrats on Big John, an excellent job, and not just a carbon copy of Flat Howard. I think he'll be a big hit, and do just the job you made him to do.

One thing that is so obvious in politics, at whatever level, is that you can NEVER please everyone, so why even bother to try, and certainly don't let the naysayers get to you... keep up the good work and the good spirits. Many of us silent lurkers appreciate it mmuch more than we ever communicate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home